Monday, November 25, 2013

A Lovely Little Imagination

Every couple of months ZZ hits a stage and I think,
"This is my new favorite stage."

Now she is entering one that is only comparable to
those first few smiles and laughs of a tiny baby.

ZZ is becoming a part of the wonderful land of make believe.
I LOVE it.
ZZ won this awesome Melissa and Doug doll house last year at A Child's World's birthday party that they have every year in February.  We have had it for a while and I was so worried about getting painted that I didn't put it together.
I eventually realized that I could possibly never get the whole thing painted.
She was so excited as we were putting it together I realized it didn't need paint at all.
Every morning she convinces me that we need to play with her "Dollies."
Sometimes we only play for a couple of minutes, sometimes we play all morning long in our jammies.
I'm glad they live in her room and not in mine...they kind of creep me out,
but to her, they are beautiful.

It is so fun to see how her imagination works and how she sees things.
Our first couple play dates consisted of Daddy going to work then coming home to give everyone kisses.
The next few times it was all about someone falling off the balcony and mommy giving them kisses.
The whole falling off the balcony part kind of freaked me out, but the mommy kisses made it all better.
Her dollies often eat popcorn at the table and
have a fascination with going to the bathroom and taking quick naps only to get up and eat more popcorn.
There is also this fun dress up toy.
She doesn't get to play with it very much.
It's sooo many little pieces,
but she does love it.

Today ZZ put her washcloth down on the shower floor and told me that she was having a picnic and couldn't get out of the shower.
I told her that we could play picnic together, if she would get out o the shower.
At first she invited me into the shower with her,
to which she got told, "no."
She's a pro bargainer and insisted that if she get out of the shower we also play with her "friends."
I thought that was a pretty fair trade and her "friends" were invited to our picnic.
While I made grilled cheese sandwiches she moved her "friends" to our picnic blanket.
Ya-ya was invited too.
I think she only ate a couple of slices of apple,
before her little people needed to eat too.
It looks like Thanksgiving came early at our house. 

Her cute conversations are amazing and I really get a glimpse into the reality that she is living in.
I love that her friends say "sorry" and love each other.
She loves to sing along with her princesses and make her dollies dance.
It makes me notice the things that she really likes to do with me.
It's a magical little world that she is living in 
and I am glad that I get to be apart of it. 

2 comments:

Janiece Burgess said...

Love her quick mind.

Kara D. said...

What a sweet story and a sweet girl :)