Thursday, September 19, 2013

Watch Her Grow - 2 Months Old

Our sweet little Ya-ya has hit her 2 month milestone.
She now weighs 
11 pounds 15 ounces, so almost 12 pounds.
She is also 24 inches long.
She is, as the doctor put it, "proportionality big" for her age.
(80% for both.)
I can't believe how much she has grown in one month.
Look how itsy bitsy she was when she was born...
and look at her now.
She still has the sweetest personality.
Even when I have to cram her into a teeny tiny bathroom sink.
She loves bath time,
and I love admiring her rolls.
She hardly ever cries and when she does
it's just the most feminine cry.
She's really patient with me and not very demanding.
Just in the last week or so she has really started sleeping well.
One night she slept from 12 am until 10 am
...when I finally woke her up to make sure she was okay.
She pretty much skipped over 0-3 month clothes.
I think it has something to do with the fact that I bought her a couple of new outfits in those sizes.
We got her a new little toy.
I wanted to get it for her for Christmas, 
but I realized that if I waited too long she could grow out of it before she even got to use it.
(Yes people, Christmas. It's coming up.)
She kicks it and the piano plays.
But her favorite part is the mirror and the cute little girl looking back at her..
Today she had to pass her little right of passage into 2 month-ness.
We had to go to this horrible little place.
Where she came out with these.
She got three shots.
And...she cried a lot.
All the way out to the car. 
And she has been pretty fussy today.
Especially if anyone moves her poor little legs.

ZZ was really soft trying to make Ya-ya's owies feel better.
She has had some really cute smiles today too.
She is getting where she can control them better and better.
She ALWAYS smiles for daddy.
We love this sweet little baby and are having a blast watching her grow.

1 comment:

Lene said...

I can't believe how big she is. I can tell she misses me.

And I'm not sure how shots can hurt when you have those chubby thighs...