Thursday, August 8, 2013

Meeting Baby L

There are a lot of good things that come from marring someone with a different culture.
We are constantly learning things about each other and the way that each of us grew up. 
On the other hand, there are also a few disadvantages.
One of those is that one of us will always be away from our family.

Sergio has really been missing his family lately. 
He's ready to go back and visit,
especially now that he has a new little baby to show off.
I can't imagine how hard it must be for him to be so far from home in special times like these.
ZZ was lucky enough to go to Argentina when she was 6 months old.
It was wonderful,
but the thought of traveling that far with two little people gives me a headache... 
and a little bit of a panic attack.

The good news is that it just got a little bit easier.
Sergio's family just got Skype!
We've always talked on the phone to his family.
It was awesome getting to actually SEE them!

It was a pretty special experience watching them meet Baby L.
It made me laugh that one of their very 1st comments was how bald she is.
I'm so glad that they are going to be able to watch the girls get bigger.
I'm even more happy that the girls will be able to actually get to know their "abus."
That really extremely important to me.

Gotta love technology.

2 comments:

Janiece said...

Seeing Grandma Susana on the computer made me cry.
I am so grateful to them and their willingness to accept their family so far away.

Kara D. said...

Hooray! That's wonderful!