Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hair Dye VS Pregnancy

I have heard that you aren't suppose to dye your hair when you're pregnant.
From what I understand it's not for the babies safety as much as the hormones that are in your body make the color turn out a little weird.
I have dyed my hair in my last pregnancy. 
I have even dyed it in the first few months of this pregnancy.
I have never had a problem,
until today.

My hair was looking pretty rough again.
I picked out a color that I thought would be nice:
Not too light, not to dark.
This morning I had a bunch of errands to run, but had a little extra time to dye my hair.

While I was waiting for the dye to set I could feel it burning a little more than usual, but I didn't really think anything of it.
I knew as soon as I walked back into the bathroom to wash it out that it was probably going to be a little more red than I wanted.
I had no idea how bad it was really going to be until I stepped out of the shower and realized that my hair wasn't even dry yet and it was still red.
This is the only picture that actually does any justice of how red it really is...
I actually like red hair...
Today I realized that it not quite right for me.
 Sergio's response was, it's not that bad...
Isn't he sweet.

My mom said, it's alright but it needs to be darker.
My favorite part of this whole experience... 
It didn't even cover my whites...
It fact, if you could really see it, they are actually a nice pinkish/purple color.  
None the less...
I just thought I would just add my opinion to the whole "dye during pregnancy" debate.
Yes, hormones do change the color of your hair dye.
But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Any-who, please excuse me while I go dye my hair a much MUCH less red color. 

1 comment:

Lene said...

ummm...that is kind of sucktastic. Not that the dye turned red, but that you have WAY TOO MUCH grey hair. I would be mad at your Mom for that.