Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

This year Mom, ZZ, and I started the holidays off right.
We went down to Salt Lake for a couple of days.
ZZ has had the cutest fascination with trains lately so we HAD to take her on Trax.
She LOVED every second of it and at every stop she would scream "CHOO-CHOOOOO!"
She loved looking at all of the lights throughout town. 
We made our way downtown and got out at Temple Square to see all of the beautiful Christmas lights. 
Even though it was pretty freezing we had a blast, and when we got too cold we just slipped into one of the many visitors centers. 
ZZ was really patient and LOVED the lights. 
It really helped us to start feeling the Christmas Spirit.
We did a little bit of shopping and then went back to the hotel.

The days leading up to Christmas are rarely boring at our house...
I imagine that most families are the same way.

We started off with the ward Christmas party.
Miss C and Miss E got to come hang out with us.
Miss C didn't want anything to do with Santa and kept saying...
"I don't want to," as she ran away.
But we were at least able to get this close.
ZZ did a little bit better as long as there was a barrier between the two.
I told her it was really important to say hi to him since I was pretty positive he was the real deal.
She actually looks pretty happy.

Sergio had the 4 days before Christmas off and Christmas Day.
It was nice to get to spend a little extra time with him.
Christmas Adam we had Josh and Ali's family over for our annual Christmas Bingo Party and the opportunity to show off our homemade ugly sweaters.
Josh's sweater won...
If you can't tell...it's a reindeer throwing up all sorts of Christmas stuff.
Ali made it and we all thought that it was pretty fabulous.

My mom's sweater was pretty awesome too...
If you can't tell...She's a Christmas tree.
Pretty impressive.

Later that night Santa came to visit...
It's the first time I have ever seen ZZ willingly-ish sit on Santa's lap.
I think it had something to do with the fact that he had Skittles.

After that we all got to tell Santa if we were naughty nice. 
Sergio passed the test... 
Evidently Santa could see through my lies 
when I told him that I was a good girl and I got a bag of coal.


Christmas Bingo was so fun with Josh and Ali we had to do it again the next day, on Christmas Eve, with the Oakes family.
I didn't get nearly enough pictures.
ZZ had a blast with Jordan and Tiff's little girl.
I am pretty sure they are always going to be good friends.
ZZ showed her her mad summer-salting skills while she showed ZZ how to do a super impressive handstand.
They even took a minute to sit back and relax together.

At midnight Sergio and I shared our annual Christmas tradition of "brindando" with a nice glass of apple cider.
We did miss out on fireworks this year, 
but we are going to use the few that we have left for New Years.

Christmas morning ZZ wasn't sure she wanted to get up when I told her that Santa had came.
I think it scared her that some big fuzzy man had been inside our home.
Once we mentioned presents she seems a little more excited.
She loved everything and made quite the haul.
The best part was getting to hang out with everyone.
We just took it easy and played with all of the fun stuff we all got.
It really was a very Merry Christmas.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too and an awesome 2012.

2 comments:

Janiece said...

It was an awesome Christmas. I loved all the things we were able to do.

Kara D. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas season!