Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Last 3 Months in a Nutshell

Here is my confession:
I haven't been an MIA blogger.
I have been a horrible picture taker.
I haven't been able to find anything worth while to tell the world.
Or I forget.
Or I don't have a picture to go with it and I am a strong believer in no picture...no blog.

So here is my last few months...with the pictures I can find...
and I found more than I thought I would.

May:
On the 14th of May my mom had her 2nd heartiversary.
All of her friends mailed out cute little heart shaped cards for her.
She was so surprised and so happy.
She was also given a heart attack...but the good kind...by one of her good friends.
That night we had a little dinner. 
And then that evening we sent off a lantern in memory of her donor. 
It was awesome to watch the lantern float off into the sunset. 
We are still so grateful for her donor family that we know nothing about except that they were willing to donate the organ of their loved one so that we can keep ours.

A couple of days later we headed to Salt Lake for my mom's annual check-up.
She got an A+.
In fact it was the best biopsy that she has had since her heart transplant.
Her doctors at the Murray IHC are amazing.

Of course we had to celebrate...
With SEAFOOD!
ZZ's a fan.

We also went to the Church History Museum
where ZZ typed on the "computer"...

It was a good trip.

Also in May we got to rock our welding helmets and watch an amazing solar eclipse
Even though the clouds rolled in almost exactly when the full eclipse occurred...
We still looked awesome anyway.
Look at the way ZZ admires our coolness.

In June:
We started the month of right with a youth temple trip to Idaho Falls.
Since we were spending the night for a wedding the next day...ZZ and my mom got to come too! 
Isn't she precious? 
She loved running around and chasing the geese...
Which is good since right outside of our hotel there were plenty of geese...
We fed them popcorn.
It was so interesting because in the first picture you can see that there are all of the big geese...
all of a sudden one of them started honking and all of the big geese stepped back and all of the baby geese came in front so that we could feed them.
It was so fun! 
We also got to do a little bit of swimming.
She's a natural... 
She wouldn't get in the hot tub though.
She would just put her toe in and look at me and say...Owww...owww.
It made me laugh. 

That next day my cousin Tyson married his new bride, Kate.
They had a really nice ceremony. 
The looked so happy.

ZZ & Miss C's favorite part?
The swings -- obviously!

After the wedding we got to go visit my dear friend Marci and meet her new baby boys.
They were precious!
Doesn't she look amazing for just having twins???  
I always love getting to hang out with Mrs Marci.  She always makes me feel important.
She just has one of those addictive personalities that you just want to be around.
I love it.
ZZ had their house destroyed in no time.  I think she was just trying to show them what they had to look forward to in the next few months. 

July:
I really don't have hardly any pictures of July...
For 4th of July we were going to go to AZ with my family but I kept getting this crazy feeling that I shouldn't go. So we stayed.
I guess that feeling was right since by Monday ZZ had blisters all over the palms of her hands and feet.
I called the doctor first thing in the morning and got her in.
Miss C had been sick too, but I hadn't seen her because of the weekend to know what kind of sick she was.
It turns out that they both had hand, foot and mouth disease.
I don't have any pictures of what it looked like, but this is what it looks like almost a month later:
She was pretty miserable.
When she would walk she would tip toe and "ow"
It broke my heart.
Our doctor made it really clear that we were not to be around anyone until she didn't have any more blisters left.

For 4th of July...we kind of broke that rule, but we still stayed away from people.
We went to the Albion parade.
Which might I say is the best parade every year.
It's just the small town kind of parade.
This is the only 4th of July picture I have.
The girls picked up candy from the street.
ZZ kept picking up rocks thinking they were just as exciting.

Then that night Sergio BBQ's for us and we went to the fireworks.

Over all it was an excellent 4th.

The next few weeks were really boring for us.
We spent a lot of time in the house waiting for the kids get get better.
If I need to buy groceries Sergio would wait in the car with ZZ and I would run in a get what we needed.
She is doing much better now.

Last week we had Girl's Camp
Which you can read about in my past posts.

And that has pretty much been my July
and my last couple of months.

2 comments:

Lene said...

I am so glad you updated us. I can't believe how big your baby is!

Kara D. said...

Now you need to tell us all about your birthday celebrations! ;)