Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy 1 1/2 Years!

Today our little princess turned 
1 & 1/2
I'm still not sure how that happened, but we weren't going to miss an opportunity to celebrate.
She has a blast
I had made a 1/2 cake, but we decided that we were too full to actually eat any of it.

But I wanted to get pictures of ZZ with it anyways.
She thought it was pretty cool and even tried to blow out the invisible candles. 
When I went to put the cake away she was less than impressed...
ignore the blur...
It's her 1/2 birthday and she can cry if she wants to.
Once she started crying I knew that she was going to need some cake.
She pouted while I was cutting her a slice.
But she was pretty happy when she got a piece.
It didn't take long for her to dump it everywhere...
since that is what she does with anything that I feed her right now.
Then she played the balloons that mom got me for my b-day.
She seemed to love them.
They loved her too.

Tomorrow she has her Dr's appointment.
I am excited to see how much she weighs.  She's solid.
She has been a little brat lately...I keep hoping that she grows out of it sooner rather than later.
She has always been a great eater until lately.
Now I have to force feed her and the majority of what she has ends up on the floor.

She loves to sing:
Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree and will sing the words, "tree" & "eyes" with all of the movements.
5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed complete with motions and she is really good at the part that says "NO" more jumping on the bed...to her it just says No No No.
Itsey Bitsy Spider & Pattycake have been favorites since she was little, but she doesn't really sing the words.

She is starting to talk a lot more
but I never know if she says things that everyone can understand or if it is just our little secret language.

Her most used phrase is "Up Please"
She also says Please, Thank you, & You're Welcome.
She will say sippy cup.
Sippy Down.
Elmo, Nemo, puppies, kitty.
Chau,
Bye-bye.
Love you.
Night Night
See You.
Amo.

She has just started saying "no" this last week...she always said uh-hu before.  Now that she says 'no' it's not a nice sweet 'no' is a huge loud "NO."  It gets her lots of attention, especially in public, so it is quickly becoming her favorite word.
 Ice is her favorite treat.  If anyone is drinking ice water in her presence you can pretty much bank on her wanting you to share it.  She is really good at saying "ice."
Along with the basics, Mama, Dada, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa.
She is really good at repeating anything you say, but I don't know that she actually knows what she is saying a lot of the time.
She doesn't say very much in Spanish, but I don't speak to her enough in Spanish, but she understands pretty much anything that we say.

This is her 'cheese' face...she thinks she is smiling...
ZZ loves to be outside.  She can't wait for her daddy to get home so he can take her out to play.  She especially likes to pretend like she is driving.

Sergio's favorite thing that she does is when she takes a drink of water or milk she almost always lets out a big, "ahhhhh..."  She knows it is funny too.

I love her curly hair.
Sergio and I both have super curly hair.
I am not sure if it is a curse or a blessing.
She hates for me to do it right now and says "ow" if I even touch it.
Hence why she almost always has crazy hair.
When we aren't going anywhere it's not worth the fight.

Miss C and her are still partners in crime.
They are always getting into everything.
I don't know how I keep sane...or if I am still sane for that matter.

None the less...
I think she is pretty perfect.
A little crazy...
but you can't be perfect without a little crazy.


August 2011

3 comments:

Janiece said...

I love her sweet little voice when she says, "PlEEAASE".
She is growing up so quickly and dad and I are grateful that you are here with us so we can watch her grow and change.

Kara D. said...

She's adorable! I miss her little face. Happy 18 months, ZZ!

Lene said...

She is SOOOOO big! I miss you all!