Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Morning

I know that I have said this before,
But I love my dear sweet daughter.
She is so darn cute and she keeps me so grounded.

For her first Christmas, like all moms, I wanted it to be special.
We have spent the last few months finding things that we thought she would love.
Christmas morning she woke up with a half asleep smile.
We carried her up the stairs to see all of her fun gifts. 
Santa had brought her a cute little doll and a new dress to wear to church.
She only spent a minute checking things out.
 She started to make her way across the room to a small nativity set.
It has been her favorite toy this special season,
but I didn't expect it to be a priority Christmas morning especially with all the other fun things that there were to look at and play with.
I just sat there with a little smirk.
Everyday she teaches me something new.
I love that even thought I get all wrapped up in the gifts and the "other stuff" about Christmas.
She did exactly what she needed to do to remind me of the real meaning.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.
Although this year feels unbeatable, I know that 2012 is going to be just as amazing.
I hope it is just as awesome for all of you!

2 comments:

Janiece said...

she is amazing little girl.
I am afraid to pack the nativity set away.

Lene said...

What a sweet baby girl.

But I love that she has a baby Stella. That is one of my favorite dolls.