Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thoughts and things on Christmas Adam

A good friend of mine (Melody Ream) and I were having a conversation last week, something to the effect of how you can tell you spend to much time on Facebook when you are constantly thinking of good status updates.
Tonight as I thought of something to put as my status I couldn't choose just one thing, let alone shorten any of my thoughts enough for an actual status.
So here are a few of my random ramblings from today.

1st of all.
My dear sweet cousin received his mission call to
Richmond, Virginia.
McKay & Chad
I am so excited for him.
He's pretty much the sweetest, most compassionate kid I know.
He has all of the qualities of being an awesome missionary.

Our Gringanada has yet another ear infection.
Even with tubes.
She has been sick for a full week now, I took her to the doctor on Monday and he assured me that it was just a cold and that if she wasn't better by Friday (today) that it was probably something more.
I noticed her ear oozing today and called in an antibiotic.

Being sick hasn't kept her from having fun.
Today she was pushing the presents from under the Christmas tree clear across the floor so she step up on top of them to get into her toy box.
Genius.

Speaking of Christmas.
I took Sergio shopping and told him I wasn't going to spend anymore money.
We left with another new dress and a few other things.
It was his fault, I promise.
Sometimes he is worst than I am.

 On another note...
Sergio started making Kipe (hamburger, bulgar wheat, and mint) today and we are going to do fruit salad as soon as I get this blog done.
Those are the sure signs that Christmas is coming.

Last but not least:
Happy Christmas Adam!!!
On our way to Twin Falls my mom and I had a nice chat about how awesome Christmas is.  After listening to the song, "A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill we started a very in depth conversation, in the way that only a mom and her daughter can.
We talked about a young, unwed Mary becoming "heavy with child." 
We discussed how much the young Jesus Christ must have been persecuted for being, what the world considered, born out of wedlock. I am sure that the bulling was not only intense by the children his age, but also by other adults.
It brought to mind the scripture in the Book of Mormon that says,
"And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.
And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."
Our Savior went through every one of the sufferings, pains, sicknesses and afflictions that we can imagine-All the horrible things that we feel so alone when we go through them - and He did so willingly. All of those terrible, awful feelings so that He would know how to 'succor' or comfort and care for us when we go though similar things.
Prints of Peace
I am so grateful for the knowledge that I am never alone.
I am grateful for this time of the year to remember Him.

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Janiece said...

love that song

Kara D. said...

I've never heard that song. I will have to look it up. Merry (late) Christmas!