Saturday, October 22, 2011

Little Getaway.

Since Sergio and I have been married we haven't really had a getaway.
Lately he has been working a lot and our Gringanada constantly has me going.
I really felt like it was time.
I kept trying to plan things but something always came up...
Mostly work and no baby sitter.
My mom watches my niece on most weekdays and I knew it would be extreamly hard for her to watch 2 busy babies especially where she hasn't been feeling very well.
Arrangements were made so that we could finally have some alone time.
I called a hotel and got last minute reservations.
The hotel, staff and rooms were amazing.

The next day we headed to Idaho Falls to do a temple session.
It had been almost a year since we have had the opportunity to go.
It was a great way to commemorate our anniversery.
In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints a temple is a sacred place where members of the church go to learn and make special promises called covenants.
Sergio and I entered into a covenant when we were married in the Buenos Aires temple in Argentina.
We were sealed together for time and all eternity.  That means that even though this life might end we will be together in the eternities with our families.  That has an extra meaning to Sergio and me since we are always seperated from one side of our family or the other. 
Every temple has a special peace and it really feels like you are closer to heaven when you visit.
If you haven't been baptized into the Latter Day Saint church you can still visit the temple grounds and a lot of temples even have special visitors centers that you can go into and learn more about temples.  You can feel that same spirit of peace even when you walk on the grounds of the temple.
If you would like to learn more about temples now you can also visit this web page:
or you can watch this video:

Overall it was a much needed getaway
and a nice break from the real world,
But... 
I really missed this little girl a whole bunch!!

6 comments:

Malissa said...

I know! It is SO hard to get away! I'm glad you guys did and how wonderful you were able to attend the temple. We've been having a harder time going since they closed the Ogden Temple. It's now mostly gone, I can't wait to see the new one they are building. We live only 3 minuets away!

Janiece said...

I am glad you were able to get away. You need to do that more than once every two years!

SAYDA said...

So glad you got to get away. The colors around the temple grounds look awesome! I love fall and all the colors.

Kara D. said...

You came to the Black Swan in Pocatello and you didn't stop to see me? I totally would have watched your baby girl for you! Remember that for next time :)

Kara D. said...

PS- Glad that you could have some time together :)

Walt and Eileen said...

Get-a-ways are great for several reasons: Together time for the husband and wife; the child (later children) learn they can survive without Mom and Dad (building for their wings from the roots you're giving her (them)) and going to the temple is a great reminder of those covenants and promises, plus doing work for those who did not have the opportunity in life.
Love, Los Petersen - San Salvador