If you are looking for a fun service activity,
our Spanish Branch had a blast with this one.
That's right...Bingo of Love.
Or in other words:
We split into 3 teams.
Every team was suppose to get at least one bingo and the team to fill out the most squares won.
They also had to be back to the church by 8:00...which...in SMT (Standard Mormon Time) meant about 8:30 for one team.
Some of the squares included:
- Take a bag of clothes to Deseret Industries.
- Write your favorite scripture in a card for a missionary.
- Pick up all the carts at grocery store.
- Decorate cookies and take them to the assigned person.
- Call the sisters that you visit that didn’t make it to the activity.
- Pull weeds for 10 minutes.
- Invite 5 people to English classes.
- Wash the front windows of the church.
- Take a case of water to the homeless center.
- Wash 5 cars and leave a note.
- Write a note to someone close to you.
- Fill out a family group sheet for family history.
- Serve yourself to a rest. (because sometimes we are so busy serving others we forget about ourselves.)
- Decorate a door at the assisted living center.
Who would have thought that we could do so much service in such a short amount of time!!
Everyone had a good time and left with some good stories of knocking doors to invite people to English classes...picking up a ton of carts at the grocery store...cleaning a whole park...and having a naked old man walking around at the old folks home. Yep, definitely memorable.