Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Simple Testimony

I am so grateful for this special time of the year.
I love to watch as the death of winter loosens her grasp and the new life of spring breaks through.
I know that Heavenly Father has given us many symbols throughout the world to help us remember the amazing love that He has for us. 
Each winter we eagerly await for the flowers to triumphantly break through the cold ground.  Likewise, Easter is a special time of year to remember the suffering and crucifixion of  our Savior Jesus Christ and anxiously await the day of His resurrection.
I am in awe at the great love that our Heavenly Father has for us.  He was willing to send His Son to this world of trials, fears, injustice, sickness, pain and death.  Our Savior didn't receive an easy pass through this life  just because of who His Father is, but instead He was asked to pass through more than any of us can comprehend,  and yet He was able to overcome each of them without spot. 
He suffered in a garden for each of our sins.  During so great a suffering that blood came out of His pours He was betrayed by one of His closest friends.  He was beaten and bruised for us and on the cross He died, knowing fully that it was for each of us. 
Afterwards He was locked away in a cold tomb, shut off  from his mourning family, friends and believers.
Without avail He triumphantly conquered the grave.
After three days of anxious await, the mob, death and the stone was no match for the power of the Resurrection.
Death lost her sting, forever.
I know that today my Savior, Jesus Christ, lives.
I have felt how His Atonement has blessed my life and healed my wounds.
I pray that as each of us watch the flowers bloom this year we can remember this infinite sacrifice and remember that we are loved.

1 comment:

Janiece said...

I love hearing your testimony