Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Baby Story: One Month Later

One month ago Sergio and I were hanging out in the hospital.
The night before I had been up with sharp hip pains in my right hip.  I think I knew that they were contrations, but I was in denial.
Around 4 am I decided that the chances of me getting any sleep were pretty slim.  I woke Sergio up and asked him and my dad to give me a blessing.  They were convinced that I needed to go to the hospital right that second.  I told them I didn't need to go until my contractions were 3 minutes apart...and in my mind they were still 10 minutes between each one.
They decided that I needed to start actually timing my contractions.
It turns out they were coming a lot closer together than I imaged.
They asked me again if I was ready to go to the hospital...I told them I wanted to wait just a little bit longer. 
I had no more finished my sentence when my water broke.
It was 5 am.
I jumped in the shower and rinsed off and finished packing my to-go bag...That's right, I still didn't have my bags packed.  Like I said...I was in denial. 
It didn't take long and we were on our way.
We got to the hosptial at 5:30 am.
I don't know how or why anyone would have a baby without an epidural...but I had mine as soon as possible, it worked wonders and I was able to enjoy the rest of the experience.  The only down side is that it did make labor take a little longer, but I was finally able to get a short nap between nurses visits.
After 15 minutes of pushing...
12:35 on Feburary 9th, 2011
our little angel arived.
She was 7 lbs and 13 ounces
and 20 inches long.
She was even more perfect than we imagined.
We still haven't decided who she looks more like...since she has just the right amout of both of us.
She is a daddy's girl.
He gets all of her huge gummy smiles.
I can't belive that she is already a month old.
She now weights 9 lbs and 5 ounces
and she is 21 and 1/4th inches long.
She has the sweetest personality.
And the cutest little faces.
She's our little miracle.

2 comments:

Malissa said...

This whole post gave me goose bumps! It is the most amazing experience to bring a child into this world and I am so happy for you guys! She is perfect!

Lene said...

And it was all so worth it.