Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yes, We Are Safe

Everything is going great here. Sergio feels really bad that we didn't call you and tell you that we are okay. But really we never even thought about it, We knew that we would be talking to you again on Sunday...and the earthquakes were just yesterday.
We went to a ward emergency preparedness meeting yesterday. They had been planning it for a while so it was a little bit ironic that it was the same day as the Earthquake. It was good. It was just the basics. Mostly stuff that we already knew. That we need to have a back pack...but they told us how to handle earthquakes...which is not to stand in the doorway or under a desk. This is the best safest way:
When the things fall they create a space of safety. So that's what I learned.
So yesterday night I was laying in my bed...and thinking...what would I do right now if there was an earthquake...and I got kind of worried...because now I don't just worry about myself, but I worry about Sergio...and everything else...and because we are on the first floor of our apartment and I didn't really know what the answer was... But I know that we are going to be okay...but I also know that we are going to have more natural disasters...its just that time...plus the church wouldn't be true if we didn't have disasters. The prophets said that it was going to happen and they said it was going to happen soon.
Plus....read the end of the Proclamation to the family:
"We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."
Isn´t about time?

1 comment:

Janiece said...

did you learn your lesson about CALLING YOUR MOM????