Sunday, March 28, 2010

US VISAS - Nothing Short of a Miracle

When I married an Argentine, I knew that it wasn't going to be quite as easy to go and visit my home.
After about 4 months of research and phone calls my mom was finally able to find the right documents that we needed to fill out for the U.S. Visa.
People from outside of the states know, and understand, that asking for a U.S. Visa isn't an easy task. Really it's what we have been calling, "nothing short of a miracle."

Before the security in the U.S. got pumped up it wasn't a requirement for Argentina to have a visa to visit the states, but times have changed.

It now requires a lot of paper work, a trip to Buenos Aires (an 18 hour bus ride from Tucuman) for an interview, and U$S 130 ($510 pesos Argentina).
Thanks to a ton of prayers from our family and friends, we were able to be witnesses to a miracle.
Sergio's visa interview was approved!
The good news is soon us Yankees are getting us out of Latin America for a little while.
We'll keep yah updated.

5 comments:

Janiece said...

Oh, Kira...you MUST tell the story about trying to take a picture!

I am so excited to see you and Sergio!!!
We have truly seen miracles

linda said...

Amazing! Everyday miracles do happen, your story is proof!

How long will you be able to be in the states?

Lene said...

I can't wait to see you and finally meet your husband!

Marci Pickett said...

Yaaaaayyy!! I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see you!!! Oh my goodness Kira finally!!! :) :)

Janiece said...

I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
YIIIIIPPPPEEEEEE